Privacy notice for APFG
APFG takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of APFG or renew your membership, we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone number.
- Date of birth
- Safety and emergency details – e.g. next of kin, relevant health conditions.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership
services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, end of year renewal.
- Set up an online membership account enabling you to manage your membership and communication preferences.
- Organise club activities.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, training, general
meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Who we share your personal information with
When we register your membership with APFG, it then becomes a controller of your personal data and will not use it for any other purpose.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
APFG may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes
- Bank of Scotland process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Office Bearers and Committee only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by the club in electronic records which are password protected and only accessed by the Membership Secretary and President.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk