APFG takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of APFG or renew your membership, we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone number.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, end of year renewal.
- Set up an online membership account enabling you to manage your membership and communication preferences.
- Organise club activities.
It is the members responsibility to advise us immediately of any changes to their personal information.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, training, general
meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Who we share your personal information with
When we register your membership with APFG, it then becomes a controller of your personal data and will not use it for any other purpose.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
APFG may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes
- Bank of Scotland process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored by the club in electronic records which are password protected and only accessed by the Membership Secretary and President.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain members information whilst a member of APFG, but this will be deleted once membership ceases.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information, however, this will affect our ability to communicate with you.
You can contact us at email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk